Approximately 17% of our students are Pupil Premium. The school receives extra funding to support Pupil Premium students with their education.
This can be because they are:
· Free School Meals (FSM) currently or in the last 6 years
· Looked After Children (LAC)
· Children of service families currently or in the last 5 years
Highcliffe School’s ethos is to use the funding to:
· Use the funding to narrow the gap between the achievement of these students and their peers.
· To encourage social mobility, aspiration and progression towards post-16 education, training and work.
· To address, where possible, underlying inequalities between Pupil Premium students and their peers.
At the moment we have support in place for Pupil Premium students including:
· Year 11 1:1 Maths Mentoring from 6th Form students.
· Uniform grants.
· Targeted fast track 1:1 careers appointments.
· A Literacy and Numeracy catch up programme run by the Teaching Assistants.
· Discretionally financial support to aid academic trips, music tuition and resources such as revision materials.
· Special projects.
· Support for individuals from the Jubilee centre.
All of the above plus dedicated and identified staffing is designed to enable the school to support students in striving to meet our three key ethos statements and their own full potential.
Owned by: MDS | Last Published: 15/01/2020 15:12:13 | Next Update: As Required